Morris County Prosecutor Fredric M. Knapp, Morris County Prosecutor’s Office Chief of Investigations John R. Speirs, and Randolph Township Police Chief David Stokoe announce the arrest of eight individuals for first-degree maintaining a marijuana production facility and first-degree possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute.
During November 2017, members of the Randolph Township Police Department’s Detective Bureau obtained information about a potential marijuana grow facility located in an office complex on Route 10 in Randolph Township. After an initial investigation by Randolph Police detectives, a joint investigation was initiated between the Randolph Township Police Department and the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office Special Enforcement Unit/Narcotics Task Force. This investigation culminated on November 22, 2017, when investigators seized approximately two hundred and sixty-six (266) marijuana plants, as well as marijuana ready for packaging and distribution. The estimated street value of the illegal drugs seized is in excess of $1,000,000. Moreover, approximately four thousand dollars and several vehicles were seized as a result of the investigation. Detective Matt Pfeiffer of the Randolph Township Police Department was the primary detective in charge of the investigation.
The following individuals were arrested as a result of this investigation:
• Juan T. Addison, age 46 of Hillside, NJ
• Mario E. Ramos, age 51 of Glendale, CA
• Lila V. Wroblewski, age 20 of Jersey City, NJ
• Niazja E. Rios, age 28 of Bronx, NY
• Cecilia A. Payne, age 28 of Bronx, NY
• Makeda A. Price, age 26 of Bronx, NY
• Karolina Gajdek, age 23 of Bronx, NY
• Rafaelito A. Ortiz, age 37 of Brooklyn, NY
The above individuals were charged with the following indictable offenses:
• One count of first-degree Maintaining and/or Operating a Controlled Dangerous Substance
Production Facility, specifically an indoor marijuana grow facility with more than fifty
• One count of first-degree Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance (marijuana) with the
Intent to Distribute (marijuana).
• One count of fourth-degree Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance (marijuana).
Prosecutor Fredric M. Knapp thanks the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office Special Enforcement Unit/Narcotics Task Force, the Randolph Township Police Department, and the Morris County Sheriff’s Office for their efforts in this investigation.
A criminal complaint is merely an accusation. Despite these accusations, the defendants are presumed innocent unless and until they have been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.
Inquiries concerning this release should be directed to First Assistant Prosecutor Thomas Zelante at 973-285-6200.