March 26, 2020
Morris County Prosecutor Fredric M. Knapp would like to remind the public that domestic violence information and support services remain available during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
During the COVID-19 court closures, applications for a temporary restraining order may be filed with the local police department where (1) the victim resides or is sheltered, (2) where the defendant resides, (3) or where the incident occurred.
If you are in need of domestic violence services you can contact any of the following resources:
- Morris County Family Justice Center at 973-829-4050 or www.Morrisfjc.org
- Jersey Battered Women’s Service at 973-267-7520 or JBWS.org
- Safety, Support and Solutions for All 24-hour hotline at 1-877-R U ABUSED (1-877-782-2873)
- If you are Hearing Impaired, you can contact 973-314-4192
- Center for Non-Violence counseling programs at 973-539-7801